Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Game Reviews


With my expierence on "Playing to Learn" I found out there are good and bad games. Even though both of my games were fun to a point, I still found flaws. I enjoyed the game "What would you do" the most, because it was based off real life high school drama. The kind of things that are really in high school, and i know everyone likes to hear about drama. However this game was made by a professional. On the otherhand the game made by a student, wasn't quiet as interesting. Not to be mean but it didn't have anything to drawl me in. The same topic was throughout the whole game, "Sammy the Salmon." I must admit it did have interesting information about the fish, but I just wasn't enjoying it. Over all I would say both games together are good!

2 comments:

  1. Do you think that you will pull elements of either game into your own game that you design?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chad! Great blog post. I'm glad you went through the Playing to Learn section of the Globaloria curriculum. There are some pretty cool games featured on there. One that is not on there that you also might want to check out is Budget Hero: http://marketplace.publicradio.org/features/budget_hero/

    Have you given thought to what your game topic will be?

    Sincerely,
    David Lowenstein
    State Director, Globaloria WV

    ReplyDelete