Friday, February 19, 2010

Choosing A Topic

The first thing we had to do on "choosing a topic" was choosing a social issue to focus on. My social issue that I chose was poverty. So basically all i talked about was people in America being homeless, jobless, and people filing for unemployment. Which makes our country look awfully bad, epically with people sleeping on the side of the roads. I think it all comes to our government, because what are they doing right now? Spending money over seas for our enemies. Which to be quite frank, is pointless. Our government should be worrying about our economy more than others. This is where they live so why not help. This makes all the congress, and everyone that is a head honcho look selfish. Just because they are on their high horse they don't care about anyone who is doing so poorly. I also wrote about positive outcomes if they did actually start to care. Some of them were making homeless shelters for more people off the streets, making more job opportunities for the unemployed so they could take care of their families. If any help would come to the people I am almost positive that thanks and appreciation would be in favor. Honestly if I was running for congress I would try to help, the more votes the merrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment