Wednesday, April 7, 2010

West Virginia :]

There is many views of West Virginia that come from many different kinds of people. The views of outsiders are somewhat mostly negative, but that's from not coming into the state and having any experience in this beautiful area. I know not everyone would like it here, because people that live here now dislike it a lot. We aren't viewed very nicely by the other states. For one we are never our own state. It's always western Virginia. Also were know for having relations within our family, and/or being hillbilly's. My views of West Virginia are positive, because to me this is a comfort zone. For one it's beautiful, but it keeps us safe too. Sometimes the mountains are not a help, but a lot of the time they keep us safe. A very important resource comes from this state, which is coal. The people of West Virginia risk their lives for our coal, such as coal miners. Here recently there has been an accident within the coal mines. An explosion has occurred that has left several tragic deaths of close ones to people around me. I wasn't close with any of the miners that have passed but I still feel for their friends and families. This accident has brought great heart ache to those around me, and I pray for them all. For more information about this accident go to this website : http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/07/us/07westvirginia.html

4 comments:

  1. The first thing that caught my eye and I loved it was the picture and what it said and you spoke very well about West Virginia.

    ReplyDelete